What is Facebook Live?
There has been a lot of buzz around about Facebook Live just lately. You may even have seen a live video pop up on your Facebook News Feed. But what's it all about?
Facbook state that: Facebook Live lets people, public figures and Pages share live video with their followers and friends on Facebook.
What do I need if I want to post a video using Facebook Live?
Facebook Live is available on Facebook for iOS, Android, and Facebook Mentions. If you want to post a Facebook Live video on your profile or business page you'll need to download the Facebook app for your Apple or Android phone or tablet. Facebook Mentions is limited in availabiltiy only to public figures who are verified on Facebook.
Once you are logged into the app, simply click the "Publish" button and then hit "Live video". The app will guide you through the rest!
Don't forget to write a description of the video and select the audience as needed. Most importantly though, have a plan for your video. What will you say? How long will it be? Will you need any help filming? What will be your call to action?
We have published a quick test video on our Facebook page for you to view: www.facebook.com/intradainnovations as you can see, the video will be saved after broadcast and published to your timeline.
Once published to your timeline, you can return to the video to edit it by adding a title, caption, tags and much more. Perhaps write a blog about your video too.
To see who's publishing live video right now, visit the Facebook Live Map
How can I use this for my business?
There are so many uses for Facebook Live within business. It's a great way to get instant feedback and connect with your page followers. Here's just a few ideas:
- Live videos with helpful tips, such as IT support.
- If you have a shop, show customers around your new window display or demonstrate a new product.
- Hold a live talk to other business owners.
- Do a make up demonstration live if you run a beauty business.
- Broadcast a live fashion show.
- Broadcast live from your event.
- Pick a regular time to go live each week. This will mean your visitors know when to expect to see something from your business. Gather as much feedback as you can and encourage Q&As.
We hope this helps get you started with Facebook Live. Any questions, drop us an email at email@example.com or call us on 01525 635684 and we'd be delighted to talk to you.